Friday, May 1, 2015

How Do I Internet?

Student: "Can you print off a job application for me?"

Me: "Sure, just send me a message in schoolloop (our grading software) with a link."

Student: "A what?"

Me: "A link to the webpage.  The website address."

Student: "How do I do that?"

Me: "Find the application, copy the link, and send it do me."

Student: "..."

Me: "Do you know how to post an article to Facebook?"

Student: "You mean share something?"

Me: "No, I mean posting something new."

Student: "Not really.  When I was looking at the application earlier it had a lot of options to pick from; how is that going to work on paper?"

Me: "You mean it was an online application?"

Student: "Yeah"

Me: "I can't print that off since it is a website."

Student: "Why can't you print a website?"

No comments:

Post a Comment