Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Rough day

Sometimes you have to take the bad with the good.  Not every day can be bright and happy.

This morning one of my students told me that her cousin had committed suicide and that she was going to be gone for several days to spend time with her family.  She also said that this was the second incident of gun related violence in her family in the last week as her sister's boyfriend had been shot and was recovering in the hospital.

While she was upset her main concern was for her daughter.  "How do I explain this to my baby girl?"

It is days like this that make me think, 'I may be older than you, but you act like much more of an adult.'

1 comment:

  1. The best 7 hours many of these kids have are in your building. You make a huge difference just by being there for them.

    ReplyDelete