Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Tragedy

One of my all time favorite students was recently in a car wreck and is currently in a coma. If you have enjoyed my teaching stories I promise that you have heard at least one about this guy. In my first couple of years of teaching he was one who could make me laugh on the roughest of days.
The best description I can possibly give of him is that he was the high school equivalent of Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes. He was spacey, never listened to advice, constantly did crazy things, but you loved him because he had a great heart and he always made you laugh.
His family has set up a Go Fund Me to help cover the medical expenses. Thoughts and prayers are wonderful, but they don't cover medical bills. If you have something extra please help them out.

For the next several weeks I will be drawing comics exclusively about this particular student.

Thanks everyone






**Note: As far as I know this kid did not wear diapers, he just like to say strange things.**

1 comment: